6th Doctoral Consortium on Informatics Engineering Education Research
December 8-12, 2015, Druskininkai, Lithuania
International annual event, organized by
Vilnius University Institute of Mathematics and Informatics in cooperation with
Lithuanian Computer Society
- Offer a friendly forum for doctoral students to discuss their research topics, research questions and design in the field of computing education / educational technology- informatics engineering and education.
- Provide a supportive setting for feedback on students' current research and guidance on future research directions.
- Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside their own institution, as well as help with choosing suitable methodology and strategies for research.
- Support networking with other researchers in the informatics engineering education research field, and promote the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research.
- Support a new generation of researchers with information and advice on research and academic career paths.
Research summaries and biographies of the participants
The Doctoral Consortium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to explore and develop their research interests in a workshop under the guidance of distinguished senior researchers. We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of feedback on their dissertation work to apply for this unique opportunity to share their work with students in a similar situation as well as senior researchers in the field. We welcome submissions from students at any stage of their doctoral studies.
- Prof. Dr. Erik Barendsen , Nijmegen Rounbound University, The Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Andrej Brodnik , University of Ljublana, Slovenia
- Prof. Dr. Gerald Futschek, Vienna University of Technology, Austria, Presentation
- Dr. Päivi Kinnunen, Aalto University, Finland, Presentation 1, Presentation 2
- Prof. Dr. Don Passey, Lancaster University, UK
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Arnold Pears, Uppsala university, Sweden
6th Doctoral Consortium photos by Viktorija Dvareckienė
To learn more about Doctoral School please watch this video, recorded during Doctoral Consortium in 2014.