Akademijos st. 4, room 603
Head of the Group
dr. Povilas Treigys
Lab on social networks:
Speech and language processing:
- Speech signal modelling: autoregressive/linear prediction, fractal-based nonlinear modelling, source-filter models.
- Speech recognition: segment-based speech recognition.
- Speech emotion recognition: hierarchical classification of speech emotions, speech emotion features, feature selection.
- Estimation of speech quality: acoustic analysis for quality estimation; estimation of vocal fold functionality; estimation of phonation level;
- Signal model parameter assessment;
- Development of sound mathematical models.
Image and video signal processing:
- Object recognition and segmentation using deep neural networks
- Image reconstruction by deep generative networks
- Analysis of ocular fundus optic disc, other lesions
- Analysis of images of colonic pathology to describe tumor cell subpopulations in whole-slide images
- Detection of prostate changes in multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging
- Processing of full-frame histological images by machine learning methods.
Analysis of big data and development of deep learning algorithms:
- Analysis and recognition of clonal structures in genetic data.
- Analysis of traffic (marine) data to identify traffic anomalies in LSTM and transformer deep neural networks
- Development of deep teaching / learning methods for solving classification and forecasting problems.
|Name, Surname||Supervisor||Field of
|Theme||Time of study|
|Bernardas Čiapas||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Povilas Treigys||N 009||2019-2023|
|Justinas Jucevičius||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Povilas Treigys||T 007||Development of Magnetic Resonance Image Analysis
Algorithms for Prostate Cancer Detection and
|Mindaugas Morkūnas||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Povilas Treigys,
Consultant Prof. Dr. Arvydas Laurinavičius
|T 007||A Model for Tumour Genetic Profile and Tissue Biomarker
Expression Data Integration
|Julius Venskus||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Povilas Treigys,
Consultant Prof. Dr. Arūnas Andziulis
|T 007||Application of Deep Learning Algorithms for Marine Traffic
Defended PhD thesis:
- Tatjana Liogienė "Hierarchical Classification of Speech Emotions", supervisor Gintautas Tamulevičius PhD, 2017.
- Lithuanian state-funded project "Information Technologies for human Wellbeing - Clinical Decision support (E-Health)" 2003-2009.
- Lithuanian state-funded project "Support of Clinical Decision Systems for e. Health System" 2007-2009.
- Lithuanian state Science Foundation project "Development of Specialized data Analysis Methods for Heart Thermal Anisotropy Investigation" 2008.
- Research service "Creation of a Model for the Recognition of Individual Lithuanian Words and Phrases" 2012-2013.
- Researchers group project "Development and Inspection of the Prototype for the People with Disabilities Managed by Lithuanian Speech" 2012-2014.
- EU Structural funds project "Lithuanian Speech Guided Services" 2013-2015 m.
- Eurosstars project "Production Efectiveness Navigator" 2011-2013.
- Erasmus+ programme project "Partnerships to Ensure Risk Management in Practice" 2015-2016 m.
- COST action CA15124 „A new Network of European BioImage Analysts to advance life science imaging (NEUBIAS)“. 2016-2020 m
The group was founded in 2017 by reorganizing the structure of the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics of Vilnius University.
Staff and PhD students: