Culturally Diverse Approaches to Learning Mathematics and Computational Thinking
in cooperation with
the 9th International Doctoral Consortium on
Informatics and Informatics Engineering Education Research
November 30 - December 5, 2018, Druskininkai, Lithuania
International annual event, organized by
Vilnius University Institute of Mathematics and Informatics in cooperation with
Lithuanian Computer Society
- Offer a friendly forum for doctoral students to discuss their research topics, research questions and design in the field of computing education / educational technology- informatics engineering and education.
- Provide a supportive setting for feedback on students' current research and guidance on future research directions.
- Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside their own institution, as well as help with choosing suitable methodology and strategies for research.
- Support networking with other researchers in the informatics engineering education research field, and promote the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research.
- Support a new generation of researchers with information and advice on research and academic career paths.
Research summaries and biographies of the participants
The International Doctoral Conference provides an opportunity for doctoral students to explore and develop their research interests in a workshop under the guidance of distinguished senior researchers. We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of feedback on their dissertation work in Informatics (CS) and education to apply for this unique opportunity to share their work with students in a similar situation as well as senior researchers in the field. We welcome submissions from students at any stage of their doctoral studies.
- Prof. Dr. Erik Barendsen, University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Don Passey, University of Lancaster, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr. Arnold Pears, Uppsala university, Sweden
To learn more about Doctoral School please watch this video, recorded during Doctoral Consortium in 2014.