The Third International Doctoral Consortium
on Informatics Engineering Education Research:
Methodologies, Methods, and Practice
December 3-7, 2012 in Druskininkai, Lithuania
Vilnius University Institute of Mathematics and Informatics
- To offer a friendly forum for doctoral students to discuss their research topics, research questions and design in the field of computing education / educational technology – informatics engineering and education.
- To receive constructive feedback from their peers and senior researchers, to help with choosing suitable methodology and strategies for research.
- To support networking with other researchers in the informatics engineering education research field.
- To discuss any relevant questions related to research and academic life.
Research summaries and biographies of the participants
The consortium is designed primarily for students who are currently enrolled in any stage of doctoral studies with a focus on informatics / informatics engineering / computing education research. Students, who are considering doctoral studies but not have yet a formal doctoral student researcher status, may participate as well.
Senior researchers in the field will provide feedback and suggestions for improvement of the research proposals.
- prof. dr. Jonte Bernhard, Linköping University, Sweden
- prof. dr. Albertas Čaplinskas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- prof. dr. Robin Clark, Aston University, UK
- dr. Anna Eckerdal, Uppsala University, Sweden
- prof. dr. Gerald Futschek, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- dr. Päivi Kinnunen, University of Eastern Finland
- dr. Ari Korhonen, Aalto University, Finland
- prof. dr. Mattia Monga, Milan University, Italy
- dr. Noa Ragonis, Beit Berl College, Technion, Israel
- prof. dr. Márta Turcsányi-Szabó, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary