Akademijos st. 4, room 633,
Head of the Group
dr. Remigijus Paulavičius
We are “Blockchain Technology Group” at Vilnius University, Lithuania focused on blockchain research and development (R&D). Our group consists of researchers and Ph.D. students having experience in the blockchain technology, data mining, high-performance computing, operational research, networking, and distributed systems.
We work on better blockchain solutions, through Education, Consulting, and Innovation.
We teach “Blockchain Technologies” course for undergraduate and doctoral students, organize student practice, workshops and more.
We work with research institutions and business companies to develop blockchain-based solutions. We design the proof of concepts and contribute to the implementation of novel projects.
- We permanently review the state of the art scientific literature on the blockchain and related fields to gather the most up-to-date state of this technology.
- We evaluate the major blockchain systems (Bitcoin, Etheureum, Hyperledger, Corda, etc.) using various assessment frameworks taking into account type of distributed ledger, cryptography, consensus protocol and smart contracts.
- We systematically categorize the current use cases of the blockchain and provide recommendations for business addressing advantages and challenges of a certain solution.
- We indicate the set of a possible trade-off for the blockchain-based optimal solutions considering design properties, security, performance, and scalability.
- We develop prototypes and perform laboratory testing to determine characteristics for an optimal blockchain solution.
|Name, Surname||Supervisor||Field of
|Theme||Time of study|
|Andrius Adamonis||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ernestas Filatovas,
Consultant Dr. Remigijus Paulavičius
|Jaroslava Arsenjeva||Dr. Viktor Medvedev,
Consultant Prof. Habil. Dr. Gintautas Dzemyda
|Rytis Bieliauskas||Dr. Remigijus Paulavičius||T 007||2019-2023|
|Saulius Grigaitis||Dr. Remigijus Paulavičius,
Consultant Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ernestas Filatovas
|Vaidas Jusevičius||Dr. Remigijus Paulavičius||N 009||Research and Development of the Open Source Global
|Linas Stripinis||Dr. Remigijus Paulavičius||N 009||Improvement, Development and Implementation of
Derivative-free Global Optimization Algorithms