INFORMATICS IN EDUCATION
Journal of Eastern and Central Europe
INFORMATICS IN EDUCATION
Instructions to authors
The journal is published in English. No formal limit is placed on the length of a paper, but
Editors may recommend shortening of a long paper.
The final version of the manuscript
(if a paper is accepted for publication),
supplemented with illustrations and tables,
must be prepared as a Microsoft Word or LaTeX document.
Structure of Manuscripts
Each paper submitted to the journal should be prepared according to the following
concise and informative title
full names and affiliations of all the authors, including e-mail addresses
date of submission
informative abstract of 70–150 words
list of relevant keywords
full text of the paper
list of references
biographic information on the author(s)
All the illustrations should be numbered consecutively and supplied with captions.
They must fit on a 124 X 194 mm sheet of paper, including the
The illustrations are to be presented in
TIF, WMF, BMP, PCX or PNG formats
(the resolution of point graphics pictures is 300 dots per inch).
The list of references
The list of references should be presented at the end of the paper in alphabetic order.
The papers by the same author(s) in the same year should be distinguished by the
letters a, b, etc. Only Latin characters should be used in the references.
The references cited in the text should be indicated in brackets:
for one author – (Jonaitis, 1999)
for two authors – (Jonaitis and Petraitis, 2002)
for three or more authors – (Jonaitis et al., 2002)
the page number can be indicated as (Hubwieser, 2001, p. 25)
Please adhere to the APA format for citations and lists of references.
- For books:
- Hubwieser, P. (2001). Didaktik der Informatik. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Schwartz, J.E., Beichner, R.J. (1999). Essentials of Educational
Technology. Allyn and Bacon, Boston.
- For contribution to collective works:
- Batissta, M.T., Clements, D.H. (2000). Mathematics curriculum development as a
scientific endeavor. In: Kelly, A.E., Lesh, R.A. (Eds.), Handbook of
Research Design in Mathematics and Science Education.
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Pub., London, 737–760.
- Plomp, T., Reinen, I.J. (1996). Computer literacy. In: Plomp, T.,
Ely, A.D. (Eds.), International Encyclopedia for Educational
Pergamon Press, London, 626–630.
- For journal papers:
- McCormick, R. (1992). Curriculum development and new information
technology. Journal of Information Technology for Teacher Education,
- Dzemyda, G., Kurasova, O. (2002). Comparative analysis of the
graphical result presentation in the SOM software. Informatica,
- For documents on Internet:
- International Olympiads in Informatics (2008).
- Hassinen, P., Elomaa, J., Ronkko, J., Halme, J., Hodju, P. (1999).
Neural Networks Tool – Nenet (Version 1.1).